CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

a story i wrote

The Roller Coaster Ride

by Benjamin Wallace Croft

"That ride must be fun!" I thought. The line was about a mile long. I quickly got in line. In about a second I was at the front. Me and about three other people got in the cart. The ride had a lot of twists and turns but after those there was the biggest hill ever. It was so large that the person next to me said,

“Wanna play rock, paper, scissors?”

“Do we really have that much time?” I asked. “Yup” he replied.

The cart was at the edge of the hill. I was scared and excited all at the same time. The cart plunged down as fast as a bullet. I could feel the wind in my hair and a second later there was another hill. It was a lot smaller and we went up the hill really fast; so fast that we went off the tracks! We amazingly landed back on the tracks!

Then the ride stopped suddenly. The stop was not the kind of stop that is put in just to scare you right after a huge fall but the kind that the employees do because the ride is not working properly. The ride started up again and I was scared. I thought when the cart went off the rail it was supposed to do that but it was not. Then a giant twist came and the ride went so fast that the cart fell off the rails.

When we fell out of the carts our bodies magically transformed into arrows. We could hover instead of walking. We never touched the ground. We could still talk but we had no mouth. I was a dark blue arrow and there was a yellow arrow, a light blue arrow and a pinkish purple arrow. The three other arrows hovered away like every thing was normal. They did not complain or wonder, "What do we do now?" They just went their own way with their little arrow bodies.

I complained to all the employees about my arrow body until I asked every last one. They all said, "I am sorry. I do not know what to do about that." Then I left the amusement park.

On my way back to the car I saw a mouse in an orange jumpsuit and he had a bucket in his hand filled with random objects. He was about the size of someone about two years old. I said, “I want my body back!” He took out a timer from his bucket and pressed a button and I got my body back.

Then I woke up. I thought to myself, "Wow, what a weird dream."

© 2008 Benjamin Wallace Croft

1 comments:

Heather said...

I like that you put so many details in the story! My favorite is that the mouse was wearing an orange jumpsuit.